Video Super Charged Websites That Sell Hard – Part 1
I'm probably not telling you something you don't now. The majority of people visiting your website are using their mobile device. If you're in a market where you cater to Millennial, it can be as high as 70%. The trends tell us this number is only going to go up.
So the question every business owner must ask themselves is, "How's my site do on mobile and what is it that makes my site work optimally on these devices?"
- Does your site make it easy for them to consume your information?
- Are these visitors engaging with your content and entering your sales funnel?
- Are you outright turning them away?
Here's what you are dealing with:
- Mobile users are viewing your site on a small display ranging from 2 to 5 inches across.
- Mobile users see your site on displays that are taller than they are wide. Their preferred way of navigating is "thumbing" up the content versus clicking.
- Mobile users don’t yet have Internet speeds matching what PC/Mac users have.
- Interestingly enough, mobile users really like video.
The Modern Mobile User Buying Process
Buyers today make over 75% of their buying decision before they pick up the phone or email you. Many buy without ever dealing with a sales person. They prefer it.
Early in their buying process, buyers view the sales person as an annoyance. It’s like the lady at the retail store asking you, “May I help you?”
“No, I’m just looking.” These people are researchers first and not buyers. "Leave me a lone," is what they are thinking.
What are they doing while they are researching?
- They want to understand what the experts have to say about what it is they want to buy.
- They are looking to get opinions from third parties who will give them objective advice and not advice that is tainted by someone wanting to sell them.
- They are searching for what other customers are saying about the thing they want to buy? (i.e., Yelp, Amazon reviews, etc.).
- They want to see if others businesses list you (and possibly endorse you) as a partner or distributor of their products or services.
- Finally, and don't ignore this last one. they want to learn about you and your product too.
The mobile mode buyers are doing things much different than how things were done before. And you have a choice. You can keep doing the things way you have been doing them (Are you still advertising in the Yellow Pages), or do you want to do things they way they and work really well today.
The Video Part Is Coming, But First, The Role of Your Website
When an interested party gets a hold of you, they now know a lot about you. They've never met you, but then again...they do. They have gone over your site. They have checked out your Linkedin and Facebook content. They have scoured the Internet for anything that's available about you.
If you set up your "online presence" right, you are pre-introducing yourself. So the conversation they want to have with you is less about what you do and how you do it. It's all about are you really who you say you are and do I want to do business with the person behind the facade you've put up.
So you have to make it easy for them to learn about you so they can go on with doing the buying.
Click here for part 2 of this series where we dig into exactly how video works in Internet driven world we live in.